Thursday 6 April 2017

Julie James-Turner Work in progress

Working hard on my art piece.  I underestimated the amount of dyed lace I would need to use as a decorative organic style trim, so I have been really busy creating much more. I’ve also found I’ve needed to over dye the lace as I haven’t achieved the colours I wanted with the first application. I’m now happy with the colours achieved and have started applying the lace to the garments’. I want each garment to be slightly different, but it is a balance of differences and similarities.

I also need to decide on structure, specifically the seam in the shoulders when the garments are hung, this is important as I want to retain a softness and fluidity of drape that is a unique quality of textiles. But I need the garment to retain its shape and form or I will loose the reference to a figure.





No comments:

Post a Comment